FPAssistant Suite Software Development Kit (FPS-SDK)
Multiplatform Aviation SDK to assist in your development of Apps: Desktops, Tablets and Mobiles
This is the API documentation and assistance website of FPAssistant Suite Software Development Kit SDK (FPS-SDK) source code repositories and is intended for those contributing to the enhancement of this SDK both as Stakeholders and Programmers. FPS-SDK is designed as a cross platform SDK framework to allow software development teams to development their own applications in the field of aviation covering fields like ADS-B feeds, Flight Procedure Design and other types of aviation logic. The SDK is available in three targets of:
- .NET Standard 2.0 Class Library - For use with mobile devices such as Apple iOS and Google Android devices that support the .NET Standard 2.0.; this includes Xamarin (Forms & Native), Windows 10 UWP, WinForms along with others.
- .NET Standard 2.1 Class Library - Is available and created for developers wishing to target .NET Core 3 and/or .NET 5.
- Windows 10 Class Library (32-bit & 64-bit Support) - For use with Windows 10 OS based hardware i.e. PC, Tablets, Hololens, etc.
- ARM (32-bit & 64-bit Support) - Support for the ARM processor will be added when Microsoft and other hardware vendors products start to ship or this can added upon request sooner.
Portable Class Library (PCL) - For use with mobile devices such as Apple iOS and Google Android devices; this will be depricated once .NET 2.x Standard becomes more widespread from 2018 onwards.
FPS-SDK is not intended to cover the UI, specfic hardware device support or interfacing to other software systems but the following DLL's could be made available under special request.
UWP UI Controls
A set of Universal Windows Platform UI controls for aviation business objects(GeoCoordinate, Altitude, LinearDistance, etc.).
A DLL that exports FPA Geographical objects into KML format.
Microsoft SQL Server Export
A DLL that exports FPA Geographical objects into a SQL Server defined table as Geographical data types.
Geography Markup Language (GML)
Support for FPA Geographical objects into GML file for import into other graphical systems.
To assist in getting started and learning about the FPS-SDK then a series of articles are available by following the link at the top of this page. The first article is a general introduction of the SDK Click to view Articles
Link: API Documentation
Specific calling parameters of the API calls details the business objects (Classes and Structs) of the left of the page, these are divided into groups using Namespaces. These groups can be expanded to expose the details covering Classes and Structs with their properties, methods and supported enums. Click to view API documentation in the SDK
Apps developed using FPS-SDK
Reference Documentation used in developing FPS-SDK
- Order 8260 United States Standard for Performance Based Navigation (PBN) Instrument Procedure Design
- Doc 8168 Procedures for Air Navigation Services Volume I Flight Procedures
- Doc 8168 Procedures for Air Navigation Services Volume II Construction of Visual and Instrument Flight Procedures
- Doc 9905 Required Navigation Performance Authorization Required (RNP AR) Procedure Design Manual
- Doc 9906 Quality Assurance Manual for Flight Procedure Design Volume 1 Flight Procedure Design Quality Assurance System
- Doc 9906 Quality Assurance Manual for Flight Procedure Design Volume 3 Flight Procedure Design Software Validation
- Doc 9906 Quality Assurance Manual for Flight Procedure Design Volume 5 Validation of Instrument Flight Procedures
- Annex 5 Units of Measurement to be Used in Air and Ground Operations
- Annex 14 Aerodromes Volume I Aerodrome Design and Operations
- Annex 14 Aerodromes Volume II Heliports
- CAP 168 Licensing of Aerodromes
- CAP 232 Aerodrome Survey Information